The Dutch Spit is a three-strand pigtail with the addition of extra. But the strands are not laid on top, as when weaving a French braid, but under it, so it is also called reverse French. Weave it very simple at home.
On the basis of a simple Dutch braid, you can create both everyday and evening hairstyles with your own hands. Below are step-by-step instructions for weaving a braid in Dutch and hairstyles from it.
Variations of the Dutch braids and their weaving patterns
- Take three strands at the start of the braid. Lay the left strand under the middle one, then the right one.
- Separate a small strand to the left of the pigtail, add it to the strand on the same side, and again lay under the middle one. Then, repeat from the right side.
- Continue to weave to the desired length. When you have all the curls braided, begin to weave a simple three-strand braid, laying them under the braid.
- To make an openwork braid, hold the end of the hair with one hand, and carefully pull the hinges with the other.
Now you know how to weave a Dutch braid. On its basis, you can independently make different hairstyles. The braid itself can be braided in the center, sideways, diagonally, with a snake, around the head, weave a ribbon or bows of hair. Its end can be wrapped in a flower. Consider options for weaving the Dutch braids in stages.
Dutch ribbon braid
- Separate a thin strand at the beginning of weaving and tie a ribbon on it, folding it in half.
- Take the left end of the ribbon, add a strand of hair to it and lay under the middle strand.
- Repeat on the right side. You will have two strands with ribbons, and one without it.
- Continue to weave to the desired length. Tie a ribbon at the end.
Spit never lose relevance. There are many options for weaving hair. Dutch braid looks striking and attractive. Hairstyles based on this weave seem difficult to do. Although in fact, to tie a pigtail in the traditional pattern is a snap. The task is real for independent performance. Verify the truth of the statement will help further information.
History of Braided Hairstyles
It is believed that the appearance of the reverse French spit or inverted spikelet occurred precisely in the Netherlands. That is why weaving is called Dutch. Got the back braid randomly This happened when performing weaving in a position with the head down.
Twisted pigtail quickly gained popularity. The variant looked unusual, attracted attention, allowed to create volumetric or “convex” hairstyles unusual for many. Rolled up braid does not lose popularity until now. In modern realities weaving with the “3D effect” is very important.
The Dutch Spit is a variant of the classic three-weave. Pigtail is obtained from alternating strands with the gradual addition of new ones. In contrast to the closest analogue, the French braid, the strands in the Dutch version are not superimposed on each other, not upwards, but vice versa. The method of weaving with a turn down, under the braid, gives the result a convexity. The variant is often used to create volumetric hairstyles.
Dutch braid weave from hair of different lengths. In contrast to the classic Russian braids, weaving is really to create on the hair the length of the shoulders. Pigtails have straight, side, two sides, according to the principle of “Waterfall” and other possible ways. For interlacing strands suitable hair of different structures. Hair on the basis of braids perfectly complements bangs. A pigtail becomes a basis or part of a construction.
To whom dutch braids are suitable for?
Dutch braid fits all. The main thing is to choose the right variation of hair on the basis of weaving. Inverted pigtails enjoy increased popularity among owners of thin hair. The model allows you to visually increase the amount of hair.
The location of the braid will affect the choice of matching external data:
- girls with a round face are advised to stretch the weave strip in the center of the head from the top of the crown;
- owners of a triangular, narrow face are advised to pay attention to the pigtails on the sides;
square oval requires the location of the element behind;
- stretched face successfully combined with a circular wreath, diagonal braids.
The reverse braid is in demand from modern fashionistas. Weave adds charm to the exterior. Hairstyles on the basis of a pigtail look stylish, successfully fit into different images.